UU: MA Conflict Studies and Human Rights Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO! *PLEASE READ*

5 posters

Go down

MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO!   *PLEASE READ* Empty MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO! *PLEASE READ*

Post by Davey Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Everyone!! Welcome to the MA Conflict Studies and Human Rights Forum

Somebody came up with the brilliant idea of using a forum, and well, I just decided to put the balls in motion. er... gears i mean. This will serve as one of the most convenient avenues of discussion between us, the "best class eva", especially while many of us are far apart, wandering about the globe.

WHAT IS IT?

For those of you who dont know what a forum is, this serves as a discussion board. Its free, easy to use, and only takes about a minute to set up. Discussions work on a "thread" system which is essentially a "post and reply" type format similar to email. If this sounds too complicated, trust me its not, give it a few clicks and youll be well on your way!

WHY DONT WE USE FACEBOOK OR EMAIL?

While facebook and email are very good means of habitual communication, unfortunately they are crappy mediums for community discussion. Email works on a similar system of post and reply, but gets far too jumbled and cluttered up when dealing with multiple recipients. Facebook is only good for posting embarrassing bachelor party photos and sifting through the exploits of past boyfriends/girlfriends. Anyhoo, Forums are the closest we'll get to being together in the classroom. They are great because they permanently track conversations which are then helpful to all who read it. Best of all, discussions are well organized, and are great for referring back to.

BOOK MARK THIS FORUM IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!
https://conflicthumanrights.forumotion.com/

This forum relies on your participation. So try to check back to this as much as you can, because this can be a very valuable tool if do your part to help it thrive!

Happy postin

-Davey
Forum Administrator, and Interim God.

P.S. MAKE SURE to turn off email notifications to limit the amount of SPAM. I thought I could do this myself, but it turns out I cant! Im still trying to tweak things here!

Go up above to "Profile" click the "Preferences" Tab. Check "No" on "Always Notify me of replies" and "send emails for private messages"

Last edited by Davey on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Davey
Davey
Admin

https://conflicthumanrights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO!   *PLEASE READ* Empty Re: MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO! *PLEASE READ*

Post by Broccoli Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah, good initiative, Davey. Let's see what this puppy can do!

Last edited by Broccoli on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broccoli
Broccoli

Back to top Go down

MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO!   *PLEASE READ* Empty Re: MA Conflict Studies Forum is now GO! *PLEASE READ*

Post by Davey Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks Mario/Broccoli! You have been ordained with Moderator powers!
Davey
Davey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Broccoli Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... Heavens open, angels sing
Broccoli
Broccoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelena Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks for setting this up Dave!

Jelena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ieke Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks Dave!

Great to discuss issues with anyone wandering around the world:) Good luck for all!

Greetings from Amman.

Ieke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Nice one mate.

Looking forward to your stories.

Greetings from the West Bank

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Broccoli Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Davey, right now this Forum has open access to anybody on the internet. I foresee this presenting in the future problems of confidentiality when forum discussions broach sensitive and confidential information.

Can you somehow restrict access to this forum to registered users--preferably, just CCS registered users?
Broccoli
Broccoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am

A valid concern. Forums can typically be infiltrated by anonymous vandals and shameless advertisers. Fortunately though, we dont have to worry about that. I monitor all users by email address. Anyone we dont recognize will be booted off the forum. We also dont have to worry about a flood of new users seeing how tihs forum is not promoted on the web in any way. all under control... Smile
Davey
Davey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down