UU: MA Conflict Studies and Human Rights Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is our Library so disabled?

2 posters

Go down

Why is our Library so disabled? Empty Why is our Library so disabled?

Post by Michael Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Okay, finally on this lovely forum child of Davey's.

I cannot download any article from our library. The full text hypertext is inactive in Omega regardless of how I try to get to it. The problem appears to be the same with other databases. Right now all I have access to are the already opensource documents on google scholar. The library and I have exchanged a slough of emails but to no avail. They don't have any idea how to fix the situation. Secondly, even if I could access our lovely library's database of electronic journals there is still the tricky issue of an underfunded humanities collections. It seems that even a crucial journal such as Central Asian Survey, everyone's favorite right, isn't subscribed to by the university.

Any idea about accessing this stuff? Losing access to academic journals might have a slightly detrimental affect. On the other hand, I have found several websites to download-pirate- pdfs of ebooks, whoops to copyright infringement laws. This one is a good place to start looking, although its mostly relevant for theory: http://burundi.sk/monoskop/log/

Access to journals, any thoughts? Is anyone else having this problem? Log in from home just doesn't seem to work on my computer.

Michael

Back to top Go down

Why is our Library so disabled? Empty Re: Why is our Library so disabled?

Post by Broccoli Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Yup, resources at this university suck, that's a fact!

Send me your list of articles, and if this sucky library has a subscription to the journal I can download the articles and forward them to you. Would this be a partial solution for you?
Broccoli
Broccoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:31 am

That would work great. Thanks.

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum